Are you struggling to make money while at uni? Are you wanting to utilise your skills but need somewhere to start? Well don’t worry, we may have the answers for you. Keep reading for 6 ways you can side-hustle from the comfort of your own home.
Airtasker is an online platform that connects two types of members – those who require a job to be completed and those who have the abilities to complete the job. Put your skills to good use and earn some money whilst studying. Almost everything can be advertised on Airtasker. People often offer gardening, building and cleaning tasks however there are also online admin jobs, accounting and website building opportunities. Click here for a list of task suggestions and click this link to set up an account in less than 90 seconds.
2. Sell your items online
Have you purchased something online that arrived and doesn’t fit? Have you taken to online shopping and now have an overflowing wardrobe? Now is the perfect time to sell your unwanted items. Here are some tips to downsize your wardrobe like a pro:
- Find items that are still in good condition that you are willing to sell.
- Research to see what these items cost new and what others are selling similar products for second hand. If you are wanting a quick sell, price your items slightly lower than average.
- Make sure the items that you are selling are presented well by taking good quality photos. People enjoy nice clear pictures of what they are looking to buy.
- Write a solid description of your products. The more information, measurements and features you can provide the buyer with, the easier it is for that buyer to make a decision to purchase.
- Make sure you include postage information in your advertisement.
3. Online tutoring
5. Make your own website
6. Create an E-Book
Here are some tips to create your E-book
- Identify your skill or knowledge area
- Research the field and see what else is out there
- Turn this idea into reality by writing it down
- Turn this into an E-book or blog post that is fun and easy to understand
- Create a website
- Start an Instagram
- Be across as many social media disciplines as you can
Degree specific E-Book ideas
Exercise science students
- Running or specific fitness programs
Nutrition and dietetics
- Food plans for allergies
- Food to lose weight
- Learn how to code
- Learn to suture
- Personal hygiene importance
- How to whiten teeth
- How to set up a website
- How to take your idea and turn it into a business
- Content that parents can give their kids at home
- Tutoring services
- Learn how to use zoom or teams and practise tutoring online
We hope this has given you some inspiration to get your side hustle going. If you are still stuck for ideas about how to make money while studying, click the below link to book an appointment with our Student Support and Advocacy Manager. We would love to hear how you are making your side hustle work as a student. Get in contact with us so we can share your story and inspire other students.