Student Advocacy is a trusted confidential service independent from Griffith University helping assist students in the navigation of university policies. Our involvement is unique as we assist students and collaborate with the university by providing feedback on policy reviews to advocate equitable outcomes for all parties involved.
We can help you navigate:
- Student misconduct
- Academic misconduct
- Assessment issues
- Academic standing (Exclusion)
- Student complaints
- Other policies
Policies & Guildelines
Click on the below to access our easy-to-read policy guides.
How we can help:
- Advising and explaining relevant university policies and procedures
- Providing information on appropriate applications and supporting documentation
- Reviewing and assisting in preparing documents for a review or appeal
- Assisting students to prepare for meetings
- Attending meetings with students (not on behalf of students)
As most student matters have strict deadlines, we advise students to book appointments in advance to ensure the best possible outcome. We strongly suggest students contact the staff relevant to their case at first instance as means of resolving issues informally.
*This is a free service offered to enrolled Griffith University Gold Coast students only.
We do not offer legal advice/help.