JOIN A CLUB
Student clubs are often described as the heart of university life for good reason and many students have some of their best university experiences through participation in student clubs. With more than 80 clubs on campus, there is something for you, from fun, friendship, and skill building, to professional development, fitness and support.
There's something for everyone
Professional and academic clubs offer students the chance to network and socialise with peers and professionals in their field. Many clubs offer a range of social and professional development events.
Keep fit, get active and have fun with our range of sport and recreation clubs. Most clubs cater for members of all abilities and experience levels, with a broad range of clubs offering standalone events and activities, regular training sessions, and social events.
Explore new ideas, cultures and communities or share your culture with other students on campus.
Meet new people, strengthen your resume and give back to the community by joining a community service club.
Explore or find your passion with likeminded people in one of our special interest clubs.
Postgraduate students are invited to take part in every aspect of campus life.
In addition to the full range of Student Guild clubs and services available to postgrad students, the Gold Coast Association of Postgraduates (GCAP) offers a range of additional exclusive events and services to enhance the postgrad experience.
Benefits and Support
Financial assistance: subsidy for club expenditure (for eligible clubs for approved items)
- Insurance coverage: Griffith University Gold Coast students participating in activities and events conducted by registered clubs are covered by Griffith University’s insurance policy therefore clubs are not required to purchase their own Public Liability Insurance (note: there may be some exceptions);
- Committee training: free training sessions and resources are provided to appropriate club committee members in a variety of areas;
- Griffith University name: only registered clubs are entitled to use “Griffith University” in their club name;
- GUGC Student Guild Logo: only registered clubs are entitled to use the Gold Coast Student Guild logo. Note: you must consult with GUGC Student Guild when planning to use the logo as conditions apply;
- Clubs online system: access to the clubs online community system with individual portal for your club;
- Club administration and management: Clubs Officer to support and oversee all clubs. Help and advice regarding administration, fundraising, bookkeeping and marketing;
- Event management: assistance and advice with events and activities management;
- Free equipment hire: Including tables, chairs, BBQs, courts, equipment and marquees. Note: refundable deposit may be required.;
- Room bookings: access to free and/or subsidised on-campus room bookings (for meetings, events etc);
- Clubs office: free use of two computers, colour printing, scanning, photocopying, stationery etc.;
- Van hire: use of 11-seater van for club events
The annual Guild Awards Night celebrates the outstanding achievements of our sports and cultural clubs. Award categories include, but are not limited to:
- Club of the Year
- Small Club of the Year
- Club Administrator of the Year
- Best Event by a Sports or Cultural Club
- New Club of the Year
- Best Fundraising Event / Initiative of the Year
- Best Social Media Presence
- Best Club Merchandise
Gold Coast Clubs and Societies are coordinated by GUGC Student Guild (G07).
Start a club
Can’t find the club you’re looking for? Then consider starting your own! Simply follow the steps below:
Starting a non-sport club
- Fill out an Expression of Interest to Form a Club Form
- Chat to the relevant Clubs Officer at the Student Guild
- Await approval from the Student Guild
- Enhance your university experience!
Starting a sport club
- Fill out an Expression of Interest to Form a Sport Club
- Schedule a meeting with the GUGC Sport Club Officer
- Await approval from the Sport and Cultural Club Committee
- Enhance your university experience!