We understand that emergencies can arise and that in times of crisis, even the simplest of tasks can become challenging. The Student Guild is here to help in these situations by providing free crisis care packs which contain hygiene products, baby care or food items. These are delivered in the form of free hamper packs providing a range of relevant supplies depending on your needs.
The hygiene care pack can includes items such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant and hand sanitiser. While the baby care pack includes essential items needed to care for an infant or young child including nappies, wipes, baby formula and bottles. Finally, the food care pack provides essential food products such as pasta, bread, milk and coffee.
Alternatively, should you find yourself urgently in need of cash, the Student Guild can provide up to $50 as an on-the-spot loan for things like transport, fuel and emergency bill payments.
These initiatives are one-off supports to get students back on their feet while ensuring their essential needs are looked after.
Please ensure you meet the following requirements below before completing the emergency loan and crisis care pack application.
- You are a currently enrolled Griffith University Gold Coast student
- If applying for a loan, you must be able to repay the loan in full within two weeks
- You can provide two forms of identification at the time of applying – Current student ID card and driver license or other form of ID showing a current residential address
- If applying for a loan, you must not have outstanding loans or debts to the Student Guild
- You have not received a crisis care pack or repaid an emergency loan within the last month
If ongoing support is required, or if you wish to speak to someone about your situation, you can book a confidential discussion with our Student Support Manager. You may also want to consider engaging with the Griffith University Welfare and Student Liaison Officer who can assist with a range of Griffith financial and wellbeing support.