- This event has passed.
It’s time to make plastic a thing of the past. This hour-long workshop will teach you how to make your very own beeswax food wraps! These wraps are reusable, last for up to a year, will keep your food fresh and are a great alternative to single-use plastics in the kitchen.
• Cost: $20 (valued at $40)
• Includes art kit delivered to your door
• Registrations close Wednesday 13 May
Art kit includes:
• A premade wax formula puck including organic pure Sunshine Coast beeswax (with no added chemicals or refinement), Australian Pine resin, organic unrefined jojoba oil (Australian)
• Enough material for up to 4 medium sized wraps (about 1msqu)
• Our material is 100% cotton, with a tighter weave, meaning better wrap results
Students will need either an iron or oven, and a baking tray.
Optional: grater and something to spread the melted liquid (such as a basting brush, but also not required)