- This event has passed.
GUGC Sport is running a free Self Defence Workshop for students, featuring the practices of Krav Maga. The goal of this workshop is to make you feel empowered, fitter, stronger and safer.
Based on simple principles and instinctive movements, Krav Maga is a modern-day reality-based system that is designed to teach practical self-defence in the shortest possible time (while giving you a good cardio workout).
There are two class types to choose from (women’s only and mixed).
Women’s only class: 3.00 pm – 4.00 pm
Mixed class: 4.00 pm – 5.00 pm
• Please arrive at the Function Centre (G07) entrance (near Burger Urge) at least 10 minutes before class starts to allow enough time to sign-in
• Classes will start at 3.00 pm and 4.00 pm sharp
• Wear comfortable ‘gym gear’ and bring a towel and water bottle
• This course has a progressive and repetitive structure
• We advise that students register for both days for maximum benefit
• Fitness – We will motivate you to push yourself through some excellent fitness drills. There’s nothing like some group motivation.
• Fun – Even though self-defence can be a serious topic, the classes are conducted in a fun and safe way. You may even make some new friends!
• Self-defence – Be your own bodyguard. Learn skills to protect yourself and your loved ones.
• Mental toughness – Having the mental strength to never give up will see you through many situations in your life.
• Time out – Have some time out of your day to do something positive.