The Adult Learn to Swim Program has was created to help GUGC students and non-students develop fundamental swimming and water safety skills.
• Trimester 3
• Fridays during weeks 9, 10, 11 & 12
• Class times: 10.30 am – 11.00 am | 11.00 am – 11. 30 am
• Cost: 1 lesson – $10 | 4 lessons – $30
• Lessons are 30 minutes long
• Open to both GUGC students and non-students
• Sign-up for a 1-off lesson, or complete the four week program
• Booking is essential, walk-ins will not be accepted
• To book, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org visit the Aquatic Centre (G45)
We offer 4 different lesson levels to ensure that each swimmer is in a class that is tailored to their skill set.
Designed for adults with little or no experience in the water. This class will teach basic water safety and fundamental swimming skills such as floating, kicking, submerging and more.
Designed for adults with some experience in the water. This class will expand on fundamental skills and teach the back stroke, survival strokes and more.
Designed for adults who hold freestyle and backstroke skills and are able to swim 25m. This class focus on stroke technique, water safety skills and swimming stamina.
Designed for adults with the ability to swim multiple strokes. This class will focus on building endurance and refining stroke techniques to enable swimmers to transition into the Swim Fit Squad.
This program is proudly presented by the Griffith University Swimming Club which is supported and funded by GUGC Sport.