Welcome to your gym
Uni Fitness offers a fully equipped gym, group fitness studio, cycle room and HIIT training centre on the Gold Coast campus. Open to students, staff and the wider community, Uni Fitness facilities include cardio and strength machines, free weights, functional fitness equipment and range of dynamic group fitness classes to meet all your workout needs.
Group fitness classes
Find out more about our range of classes for strength, cardio, and conditioning. There's something for everyone!
Our highly qualified trainers can help you achieve your goals with 1 hour or 45 minute PT sessions.
Basketball, volleyball and tennis courts are available for hire to Griffith University students and staff.
Memberships & pricing
Uni Fitness offers a range of flexible and affordable membership options to suit your needs.
1. Updates to operations
- New classes added to the timetable with more to be added as demand increases
- Max capacity raised to 1 person per 4 square metres, giving us the ability to host 50 members at any one time at G07, and 24 at the HIIT studio
- Opening hours extended to 6.00 am-8.00 pm
- Showers and change rooms back in operation
- No maximum workout times
2. Access to HIIT Studio and Classes by booking only
To comply with maximum allowable numbers set-out by governing bodies and ensure the safest and best experience for members, a booking system has been implemented.
Booking rules are as follows:
- Bookings must be made for HIIT Studio general usage and group fitness classes at both facilities via the links provided. Bookings for these facilities will initially be limited to one booking per person per day;
- Bookings can be made one week in advance;
- Bookings for pool use to be made by contacting the Griffith Aquatic Centre by phone on 56780344 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have allocated availability for the maximum allowable number of people per facility. At the time of writing, this is 50 or one person per 4m squared. When the maximum number of bookings is reached for a timeslot, that time will become unavailable;
- No-shows will result in the cancellation of future existing bookings;
- Group fitness classes will also need to be booked and have a maximum allocation;
- We will update booking times as restrictions are eased and only change our operations as new medical advice comes to hand.
3. Physical distancing
To ensure all members and guests maintain a 1.5m distance we have implemented the following measures:
- Equipment has been spread out or in some cases placed out of order;
- Members must enter and exit through allocated doors as indicated by staff and signage;
- No spotting or socialising in close proximity;
- If waiting to enter please stand on the markers indicated on the ground
4. Hygiene policies
The following hygiene measures are in place based on the recommendations of governing bodies and must be adhered to at all times with no exceptions:
- If you feel unwell, do not come to the gym. If you have started your membership and have become unwell we will pause it again;
- NO TOWEL NO TRAINING. You will not be permitted to enter if you do not have a towel and we recommend bringing 2 towels to each workout for separate use on machines and body;
- You must use the hand sanitiser provided before entering and leaving the gym and we have sanitiser placed throughout the gym to use throughout your workout;
- No cash will be accepted at reception, only card and tap where possible;
- Equipment and lockers must be wiped down with the wipes provided after each use;
- Bring your own water bottle as the water fountain will be out of use, except to fill bottles when needed.
- All upfront memberships will have the pause time (approximately 3 months) added to the original expiry date
- All direct debit contracts will keep the original term completion date, despite being closed for three months i.e. if your 6-month term finished August 12, the term completion date is still August 12 – we are not adding the closure period to the completion date of any contract. We think this is fair for members given the circumstances. Please note however, that as usual, direct debit contracts will continue until written notice to cancel is submitted.
- In genuine extenuating circumstances i.e. interstate re-location, loss of employment on campus (staff), working away from campus (staff) please call us on 55529137 and we will be more than happy to discuss your options.
6. Use of member data
Uni Fitness will comply with any request by relevant government authorities to provide facility access logs for the purpose of contact tracing in the case of confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19.
Important industry guidelines
Monday: 5.00 am – 9.00 pm
Tuesday: 5.00 am – 9.00 pm
Wednesday: 5.00 am – 9.00 pm
Thursday: 5.00 am – 9.00 pm
Friday: 5.00 am – 9.00 pm
Saturday: 6.00 am – 6.00 pm
Sunday: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
(07) 555 29137 or ext. 29137