WELCOME TO YOUR GYM
Re-opening Monday 15 June
The doors are finally re-opening at Uni Fitness and the Aquatic Centre! To be able to re-open, we have had to make a few changes to our operations. These changes have been implemented to ensure our facilities comply with re-opening guidelines set out by both Fitness Australia and Safe Work Australia, which we have made available below for everyone to read prior to coming in.
To comply with maximum allowable numbers set-out by governing bodies and ensure the safest and best experience for members, a booking system has been implemented.
Booking rules are as follows:
- Bookings must be made for G07, HIIT studio and group fitness classes via the links provided and bookings for these facilities will initially be limited to one booking per person per day;
- Bookings can be made one week in advance;
- Bookings for pool use to be made by contacting the Griffith Aquatic Centre by phone on 56780344 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have allocated availability for the maximum allowable number of people per facility. At the time of writing, this is 20 or one person per 7m squared. When the maximum number of bookings is reached for a timeslot, that time will become unavailable;
- Each time slot is 55 mins. This is enough time for a solid workout and for us to do a quick clean between bookings. If you are working out and would like more time, you must enquire at reception if there is space in the next time slot and re-enter the facility as per protocol;
- No-shows will result in the cancellation of future existing bookings;
- Group fitness classes will also need to be booked and have a maximum allocation;
- We will update booking times as restrictions are eased and only change our operations as new medical advice comes to hand.
To ensure all members and guests maintain a 1.5m distance we have implemented the following measures:
- Equipment has been spread out or in some cases placed out of order;
- Members must enter and exit through allocated doors as indicated by staff and signage;
- No spotting or socialising in close proximity;
- If waiting to enter please stand on the markers indicated on the ground
The following hygiene measures are in place based on the recommendations of governing bodies and must be adhered to at all times with no exceptions:
- If you feel unwell, do not come to the gym. If you have started your membership and have become unwell we will pause it again;
- NO TOWEL NO TRAINING. You will not be permitted to enter if you do not have a towel and we recommend bringing 2 towels to each workout for separate use on machines and body;
- You must use the hand sanitiser provided before entering and leaving the gym and we have sanitiser placed throughout the gym to use throughout your workout;
- No cash will be accepted at reception, only card and tap where possible;
- Equipment and lockers must be wiped down with the wipes provided after each use;
- Showers are out of order until further notice; and
- Bring your own water bottle as the water fountain will be out of use, except to fill bottles when needed.
During the first phase of re-opening, attending the gym or pool is completely voluntary. We will only be reactivating memberships upon entry to the facility and all other memberships will remain on hold until further notice. When there are further restrictions eased and there is more activity on campus and less limitations placed on using the facilities, all remaining memberships will be reactivated automatically. We will announce this with plenty of notice.
Uni Fitness will comply with any request by relevant government authorities to provide facility access logs for the purpose of contact tracing in the case of confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19.
Our highly qualified trainers can help you achieve your goals with 1 hour or 45 minute PT sessions.
With more than 30 classes on offer each week, find a class that suits your schedule.
Find out more about our range of classes for strength, cardio, and conditioning.
Monday: 6.00 am – 12.00 pm | 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm
Tuesday: 6.00 am – 12.00 pm | 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm
Wednesday: 6.00 am – 12.00 pm | 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm
Thursday: 6.00 am – 12.00 pm | 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm
Friday: 6.00 am – 12.00 pm | 3.00 pm – 8.00 pm
Saturday: 8.00 am – 2.00 pm
Sunday: 10.00 am – 2.00 pm
(07) 555 29137 or ext. 29137