First aid course
The Provide First Aid and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation series is a must for all individuals and professionals who would like to develop their skills or need to maintain their qualifications for their workplace. Courses are run by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31869) – Pulsestart Training Solutions. All courses are nationally recognised under the National Health Training Package HLT.
We offer the following courses:
- HLTAID012: Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting (includes HLTAID011 Provide First Aid and HLTAID009 Provide CPR),
- HLTAID011: Provide First Aid (includes HLTAID009 CPR)
- HLTAID009: Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Why choose to get your qualifications with us?
- You will gain a nationally recognised and accredited Statement of Attainment – on the same day as your course via email!
- You will be trained by industry qualified and professional instructors with clinical experience.
- We deliver courses right here at the GUGC campus.
- You can enrol and pay for your course online.
- Our courses meet mandatory requirements for all university courses where CPR/First Aid is required for graduation.
- Pulsestart Training Solutions is the partner of choice for the Australian Medical Association Services Queensland.
PulseStart courses are approved by:
RACGP: Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
ACRRM: Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
APNA: Australian Practice Nurses Association
AAPM: Australian Association of Practice Managers
ESSA: Exercise and Sports Science Australia
There is pre-course theory and an online quiz (approx. 1-5 hours depending on your course booking) that must be completed before attendance in your practical session (your booked course day).
Weekend courses run as follows:
- 8.00 am – 9.00 am (CPR only)
- 9.00 am – 1.00 pm (full First Aid or full Education First Aid – includes CPR)
- 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm (CPR only)
- 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm (full First Aid or full Education First Aid – includes CPR)
Weekday courses run as follows:
- 4.00 pm – 5.00 pm (CPR only)
- 4.00 pm – 8.00 pm (full First Aid or full First Aid in an Education and Care Setting – includes CPR)
Course times depend on your booking
First Aid & CPR
First Aid in an Education & Care Setting & CPR
$80pp (normal price $120)
$40pp (normal price $60)
$90pp (normal price $130)
*All online prices for Griffith University Gold Coast campus are already reduced student/staff only prices.
First Aid and CPR Pre Course Quiz
When you enroll for First Aid, First Aid in an Education and Care Setting and CPR, you will be required to complete a pre-course online quiz. This must be completed to be able to attend your practical assessment on your course date.
The Apply First Aid qualification is suitable for everyday emergency situations. It is the minimum qualification required by workplace health and safety legislation for the workplace first aider. This one day course gives participants the confidence to manage sick or injured persons using the principles of basic first aid. Completion of the Apply First Aid HLTAID011 qualification covers all Perform CPR HLTAID009 competencies. This qualification is valid for three (3) years, however annual Perform CPR refreshers are required annually to maintain this accreditation.
This course offers the knowledge and skills required to maintain life in an unconscious casualty until medical help arrives. Participants will attain the nationally accredited Perform CPR qualification. The courses are offered in conjunction with the apply first aid courses. The qualification is valid for one (1) year and should be updated annually to maintain Apply First Aid accreditation valid for its second and third year.
HLTAID012 provides a First Aid response to infants and children in an educational or child care setting in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC), including incident reporting policies and procedures, responding to and applying appropriate First Aid procedures, including asthma and anaphylactic emergencies.
PulseStart Training Solutions has been training Doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals for over 10 years. All PulseStart master trainers are either paramedics or registered nurses with clinical experience and are experienced in the delivery of national accredited CPR and First Aid training.